Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I have been listening to a book on tape called Stories from Ground Zero. It's 18 hours of interviews and stories from Firefighters and Police Men and Women who were on hand during the World Trade Center attacks. Quite moving and very emotional. Too much went on that day to forget. And I hope I never do.
I have a renewed interest in the heros of those days.
I hope you get a chance to listen to this as well.
The photos to the left say so much. Especially the one on the right.

4 comments:

Mac said...

FYI
The captions say Never Forget..Never Forgive.
I think forgiveness is possible but I don't think we can forget.

Sarah said...

Agreed.
And that picture is hilarious. Terrorist Assholes.

Susie Q said...

Amazing stuff. I imagine I won't be able to forgive them this side of heaven, I know it's the right thing...
But right now, I wiggle my tongue in their general direction. (You know, "Lelelelele!" Like the Iraqi women do.)
Terrorist Assholes, yup that about covers it.

Emily said...

Amen sista. Jon and I watched the 9/11 documentary on the firefighters recently and we both felt the same way - that renewed anger, sadness and fear that we both felt the day of the attacks. It's amazing to me that we so quickly forget such awful things - I'm glad that it isn't something I think of daily - but at the same time shouldn't we?