Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ibuprofen is good!

To quote Smiles A lot from Dances with Wolves,........"my arm doesn't work".
But first, lets go back a week or two. Shall we?
It all began by cutting down trees and ripping up shrubs to make way for the new trailer pad.
The pile of debris was huge. Luckily for me someone else hauled it away.
Next was the task of removing and relocating what I believe to be quite a lot of soil and more debris. That's when it got fun. Because to move the soil, I had to remove the stumps.
Oh boy. Stump grinders are cool. However, it was like trying to hold onto a bucking bull. Quite heavy and very powerful. I just told myself to Man-up and get it done. So I did.
Except doing it required me to use muscles that I didn't know I had. Oh well.
Then. Yesterday, I had a pile of crushed rock delivered and dumped. Now for the spreading.
And that my friends.....is why my arm doesn't work too well right now.
Ibuprofen is good.

7 comments:

Haley said...

good job dad! i cant wait to see the finished product this weekend. sorry bout the arm.

Susie Q said...

That's MY MAAAAANNNN! He is such a stud! The pad looks FABulous!
He worked his arse off, sincerely.

James said...

So is vodka. He he...

froelica said...

Wow. Manual labor sucks! I'm achy and tired just reading your post.

Sarah said...

Maybe the problem isn't that you used muscles you didn't know you had, but that you used muscles you didn't have.
Mom was mighty impressed that you got it done so fast, and even made your deadline or having it done before her fellowship. Well done!
And I'm with Ashley, manual labor sucks. I prefer to either pay someone else to do it, or just let it never get done. That is why my bathroom is halfway painted still...

Emily said...

If I had the money everything would just be paid for and I would never do anything myself... sadly we're not made of money - so we have to do everything on our own.... bummer...
Anyway - dad I'm proud of you! Sorry you are hurting - it's a good hurt right?
Can't wait to see it! ;)

froelica said...

Hurt so good
Come on baby make it HURT SO GOOD
Sometimes LOVE don't feel like it should
Ya make it.... Hurt so good.

Da na na na....na na...
Da na na na....na na...

Ps. I HATE John Mellancamp. Or should I call him "John Cougar Mellancamp". Ass...