Saturday, February 2, 2008

News Flash...Hillsboro changes elevation!

A few years ago I was doing some testing at Intel which required me to know the temperature, barometric pressure, wind speed etc. And I needed to know the exact elevation. So my company purchased a very expensive gizmo that tells you all of that.
We determined that the elevation at the Hillsboro Airport was 230' above sea level. It was determined that the airport was the average elevation for Hillsboro.
Ok. You following so far?..........
Flash forward to yesterday and today.
I am driving home from work. Listening to the radio. And the weather dudes and dudettes say that today will be rainy with snow above 1200'.
I wake up this morning to realize that either the sea level dropped over night, or Hillsboro rose from an average of 230' above sea level to over 1200'.
I am astonished that this geographical Biblical type stuff still happens. And it makes me happy.
Good day.

5 comments:

froelica said...

That's weird, cause I found out that it was supposed to snow above 2500 feet today, and its been snowing here since 1 am. We have less than an inch, but she's going for it. So, I used to think we were at 680 feet, but now i KNOW, its really 2500.

Sarah said...

We also had a tornado this month. Freakin' wierd I tells ya.

Susie Q said...

Snow at ANY elevation is okee-dokee!

Haley said...

good observation dad! interesting... *rubs chin*

Emily said...

Dad you crack me up!